Sunday, February 09, 2014
Poor poor Norman Finkelstein
AH poor little Norman Finkelstein. You may recall that the Jewish-born Neo-Nazi was fired a few years back (in 2007) by DePaul University, a Catholic school in Chicago. Previous to that, Finkelstein had been fired by every other school where he had worked. Finkelstein made a career out of mocking Holocaust survivors and claiming the scale of the Holocaust was grossly exaggerated by the Zionists as a political tactic. He invented the obscenity term, "Holocaust Industry." He insisted that most people claiming to be Holocaust survivors, starting with Elie Wiesel, were frauds. His "work" was picked up by every Holocaust Denial web site on earth. He met openly with the Hezb'Allah terrorists and acted as their lobbyist. As a result the BBC loved to broadcast interviews with him once a month as the true voice of Jewish morality. When he tried to enter Israel, he was prohibited from doing so by the Israeli government in a highly uncharacteristic show of a vertebrate.
Well, Finkelstein has been unemployed ever since getting canned by DePaul. He likes to complain that it was a Zionist conspiracy to get him canned but in reality he was fired because he had never published a single bona fide academic publication. Instead he churns out anti-Semitic hate propaganda in "books." When his case was up for tenure at DePaul, a number of tenured anti-Semites, led by Ian Lustick from Penn, crawled out of their holes to promote and defend Finkelstein. (See http://www.frontpagemag.com/2010/steven-plaut/collaborators-in-the-war-against-the-jews-ian-lustick-by-steven-plaut/ ) Neve Gordon, the Israel-hating pseudo-academic from Ben Gurion "University," proclaimed Finkelstein the moral equivalent of the Prophets of the Bible and insisted that Finkelstein could get tenure at Ben Gurion. I am sure that Gordon is correct about his latter claim. Unlike Ben Gurion "University," DePaul has standards.
Well, a fascinating interview with the Fink can be read on the Israellycool blog, which is a must-read blog if you have interest in the goings on in Israel. There Finkie whines that he has become "unemployable." You can see the entire interview here.
Meanwhile, I thought the timing appropriate to re-post my own set of career proposals for Finkelstein right after he got fired by DePaul. Here is it:
Some Career Advice for Norman Finkelstein
Norman Finkelstein is arguably the most openly anti-Semitic "Jew" on the planet, and the competition for that title is tough.
He has made a career out of defaming Holocaust Survivors, painting them as thieves and liars, mocking the Holocaust and its victims, and cheering anti-Jewish terrorism and violence. He spent last summer cheering the Hezbollah attacks on Israel. He has defamed Elie Wiesel for years. He trivializes the Holocaust and denies that Six Million Jews were murdered by Nazi Germany (although does not claim that no Jews at all were killed). He works closely with Neo-Nazi groups and Holocaust Deniers, and is widely proclaimed to be the "Jewish David Irving". Finkelstein claims Germany is the victim of Jewish extortion. He has publicly praised David Irving (who claims no Jews were killed at Auschwitz) as a great historian. He is considered to be a Holocaust Denier by the Anti-Defamation League and the Simon Wiesenthal Center. He has been strongly denounced by Prof. Alan Dershowitz as an anti-Semite and fraud. In Israel, Finkelstein has been widely praised by anti-Israel Ben Gurion University extremist lecturer Neve Gordon.
Finkelstein had been employed in the past few years by DePaul University, a large Catholic college in Chicago. Before that he had been fired from every academic post he ever held. His entire "academic record" consists of anti-Semitic "books".
This past weekend, DePaul University officially gave Finkelstein the boot, denying him tenure, and in effect firing him (effective some time this coming academic year). It is doubtful he will ever be able to hold any sort of academic post again in the civilized world.
That being the case, the question arises of what Normie will now be doing for a second career. Being helpful sorts, we have given the matter some thought and have come up with a list of possible career moves for him, once DePaul requires that he remove his carcass off campus in a few weeks:
1. He can be the new Dean of History at the University of Teheran.
2. He can grew side curls and join the Neturei Karta.
3. He can open a fast food stand that serves fish and chips to the British Association of University Professors and the University and College Union.
4. He can be Avrum Burg's butler in France.
5. He can become official Baathist mascot at soccer games in Damascus.
6. He can write a Master's thesis under Ilan Pappe about how the Jews murdered all the Arabs in Atlantis.
7. He can get a job tearing squares of toilet paper on Friday afternoons for Chicago area synagogues, before the sabbath.
8. He can become a make-pretend cowboy and then chase make-pretend Indian Ward Churchill.
9. He can paint circles on his rear end and then pose next to the security fence around the Gaza Strip.
10. He can learn ebonics, change his name to Norman X, and go to work for Louis Farrakhan.
11. He can be adopted legally as the son of Ernst Zundel, Neo-Nazi deported from Canada to Germany.
12. He can be David Irving's prison honey.
13. He can join Gush Shalom.
14. He can serve as designated driver for when Mel Gibson gets drunk.
15. He can be the chief pimp for the "Women in Black".
16. He can test explosives belts for the Hamas.
17. He can write some more anti-Semitic garbage with Alexander Cockburn.
18. He can work as a shabbas goy at the Ramat Hovav garbage dump.
19. He can serve as pothole filler.
20. He can get tenured at Ben Gurion University.