Monday, November 30, 2015
FORGET MICRO-AGGRESSIONS! GET SERIOUS ABOUT MICRO-TREASONS!!
By Steven Plaut
The campus moonbatocracy in the US has become obsessed with "micro-aggressions." These are supposed to be seemingly harmless words or forms of behavior that make fashionable minorities feel oppressed. Things like wearing a sombrero on Halloween or telling a black women that you are proud that she graduated cum laude. I guess a macro-aggression would be to ask her if she'd like some watermelon. You can see a collection of alleged micro-aggressions here: http://www.ucop.edu/academic-personnel-programs/_files/seminars/Tool_Recognizing_Microaggressions.pdf .
Well, it occurred to me that the jihad against micro-aggressions (and using the word jihad of course is a macro-aggression against Moslems) just invites us to balance the scales of sanity be defining a new concept.
Comrades, it is time we define micro-treasons and begin to take serious action against them.
Micro-treasons are acts that are far less blatant than macro-treasons. The latter would include joining ISIS or a Marxist group or Students for Justice in Palestine or Peace Now. Micro-treasons are far less obvious. They come in various forms. Here are a few examples:
- Referring to terrorists as militants or activists;
- Referring to Israeli control of the West Bank as occupation;
- Describing capitalism as piggish and harmful and anti-humane;
- Using the word 'neoliberalism;'
- Using the term 'Nakba;'
- Studying anthropology;
- Saying 'he or she' every time a third person non-gender pronoun is needed;
- Describing the election of Obama as the triumph of hope;
- Referring to Muslim migrants entering Hungary and Germany as refugees;
- Saying black lives matter;
- Using the term white privilege in any sentence;
- Referring to Israel as Israel-Palestine;
- Using the word apartheid to refer to any country other than erstwhile South Africa.
- Referring to any Western country as imperialist;
- Using the term "The Other 99%;"
- Fighting for the planet;
- Misuse of the term 'exploitation;'
- Misuse of the term 'oppression;'
- Demanding safe spaces;
- Almost any use of the word solidarity;
- Almost any use of the word misogynist;
- Use of the term resistance, except in physics;
- Almost any use of the word class for anything other than a classroom;
- Pretending you think there is such a thing as transgendered;
- Protesting against globalization;
- Accusing non-leftists of divisiveness;
- Use of the term 'economic justice;'
- Use of the term 'judgmentalism;'
- Use of the term 'sustainable;'
- Using the term 'micro-aggression.'